Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who Would I like to Meet During a Visit?

I've been thinking about how best to make use of the two days I hope to have at each AE school. Earlier I posted a general schedule for the two days. Since then I've been considering how I'm most likely to get a clear picture of the way AE Design is taught and what are its goals and results. In the process I've been through several school websites in detail and built a list of the kinds of people that I believe would be beneficial to interview, either singly or in a group if that's more appropriate. The following list is in rough priority order, but I'm sure each person has unique information to add.

  • AE Program Head
  • Department Head - if different from Program
  • Undergraduate Advisors
  • Head of each sub-discipline track
  • Faculty who teach design
  • Reps of student Associations (AEI, ASCE)
  • Industry advisory council AE member(s)