Friday, June 20, 2008

Sabbatical, Blog and Wiki Purposes

Starting in June 2008 and extending throughout Academic Year 2008-9 until September 2009 I've been granted a sabbatical by Drexel University. My goal is to visit as many of the Architectural Engineering (AE) programs in the USA as possible to discuss with the faculty and students how AE design is defined and taught.

My plan is to chronicle the year in this blog and to develop my/our cumulative understanding of the topic in the associated wiki. The wiki is open for anyone to view, with qualified individuals welcome to become editors/contributors.

At the end of the year I expect that I'll have material for several papers to be presented either in academic journals or conferences. If I think I've learned enough to make recommendations I'll do so.